Yume Nikki's game files contain some unused content.
There is an unused door graphic in the tileset of Mars-san's room. It fits perfectly on one of the walls, but it just isn't there.
A huge part of FC World, known as FC World C, is unreachable. There is also a smaller island with four statues that cannot be reached in any way.
Graphics for three different FC world trees exist, but only the one on the right is actually used.
Some very neat sprites, but they go unused.
A unused AutoTile.
What seems like a reflection.
In the tileset, there seems to be an unused object that resembles that of a streetlight. The Number World connects to the Lamp World, which contains many streetlights. This was probably going to be used as the streetlights, but went unused.
A Japanese Torii gate appears in the tileset.
The pond on Witch's Island sometimes contains some sort of sea creature called Tasei's Kid. If you noclip (preventing Madotsuki from being obstructed by objects) in his pond and interact with him, he will make a strange noise. He can also be stabbed with the Knife effect by noclipping in the pond.
A Scrapped Gate Edit
A purple gate. It was used in previous versions of the game but was removed later on.
Weird "thing"EditIn the charset folder, the file "イベント_006.xyz" contains this.. thing. It is not used anywhere in the game, and no one ever talked about it (I think).
The Lost Party Member Edit
Another Party member can be added to your party, but this never happens in the game.
It's nameless and there are no sprites associated with it. But having it in your party causes Several scripts in the game to change.
- All sane and insane Toriningen disappear. The Toriningen Party and the lunatic in the Mall are not removed.
- The top-left cupboard in the Guillotine Room will disappear. If you stand on it's former tile and press the action button, then you will end up in front of one of the eight cupboards in the Number World. If you enter the world again, then the cupboard will have returned to its rightful spot. This works in the bigger version of the Guillotine Room, too.
- If you wake up, you will be unable to move. You can still open your menu.
- You can always do the The Witch's Flight event, even if you don't have the Witch effect, but only if you walk off the edge of the top tile of the Mall Roof.
- An unused background appears in Neon World (explained below).
- The ending is not changed at all.
This party member requirement prevents events that should be "called" from being triggered directly. It is likely that this party member was a debug menu for KIKIYAMA to test the game.
An Unused Background Edit
Within the game's files is a parallax background that, although it seems finished, is found nowhere in the game. Interestingly, when using the debug party member (mentioned above), this background scrolls by in Neon World.
Sprites exist for a train passenger that cannot be found in game.
In the files, there are unused sprites for the Buyo Buyo in a different art style. This could possibly mean that he was never meant to be in a FC World, but rather, one of the main ones. This was true in version 0.06, as they were housed in the Barracks Settlement, using these graphics.
There appears to be an unused palette/version of the Submarine Fish hidden in the game's files. This version is lighter and less detailed, and also kind of chopped-off. This could imply that this version was scrapped before it could ever be finished.
The Flower PathEdit
Interacting with the flowers in the Flower Path (the place connecting the Sky Garden to The Ghost World) calls a common event that is meant to play from a sound file named 'flower', but it cannot be played as the file doesn't exist.
On older versions of the game, the Fat effect was supposed to get on Hell, by interacting with a funhouse mirror. But later it was changed to The Docks. However, the sprites for the mirror are still in the game, and the mirror is in the Debug Room.[[Debug Room|]]
While the ship is not falling or grounded, and before the falling event is triggered, a map event is continuously triggered. This event has a 1 in 41 chance of calling a common event that is meant to play a nonexistent sound file named 'ポーン' in 1 of 4 different pitches.
On the tileset of the Forest World, there is a table and what seems like a cup on the top if it. However, it goes unused.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNmG9d4gEyQ
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-HvEwkPGI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JibL1VdmAug
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4tY9K7H8Lk