Yume Nikki's game files contain some unused content, which is listed here.
Within the game's files is a parallax background that, although it seems finished, is found nowhere in the game. When adding a party member (mentioned below), this background scrolls by in Neon World.
A Japanese Torii gate appears in the tileset.
The Flower PathEdit
Interacting with the flowers in the Flower Path (the place connecting the Sky Garden to The Ghost World) calls a common event that is meant to play from a sound file named 'flower', but it cannot be played as the file doesn't exist.
On older versions of the game, the Fat effect was supposed to be retrieved from Hell, by interacting with a funhouse mirror. But later it was changed to The Docks. However, the sprites for the mirror are still in the game, and the mirror is in the Debug Room.
While the ship is not falling or grounded, and before the falling event is triggered, a map event is continuously triggered. This event has a 1 in 41 chance of calling a common event that is meant to play a nonexistent sound file named 'ポーン' in 1 of 4 different pitches.
On the tileset of the Forest World, there is a design of a table with a cup. However, it goes unused.
There is an unused door graphic in the tileset of Mars-san's room. It fits perfectly on one of the walls, but it just isn't there.
A huge part of FC World, known as FC World C, is unreachable. There are also a few other things that go unused that are listed below.
In the Sewers tileset, a tile goes unused.
In the charset folder, the file "イベント_006.xyz" contains an unused design.
In the files, there are unused sprites for the Buyo Buyo in a different art style. This could possibly mean that they were never meant to be in a FC World, but rather, one of the main ones. This was true in version 0.06, as they were housed in the Barracks Settlement, using these graphics.
Adding a Party Member Edit
Another Party member can be added to your party, but this is not part of the gameplay itself. It is nameless and there are no sprites associated with it. Having it in your party causes several scripts in the game to change. The party member requirement prevents events that should be "called" from being triggered directly.
- All Toriningen disappear. The Toriningen Party and the lunatic in the Mall are not removed.
- The top-left cupboard in the Guillotine Room will disappear. If you stand on it's former tile and press the action button, then you will end up in front of one of the eight cupboards in the Number World. If you enter the world again, then the cupboard will have returned to its rightful spot. This works in the bigger version of the Guillotine Room, too.
- If you wake up, you will be unable to move. You can still open your menu.
- You can always do the The Witch's Flight event, even if you don't have the Witch effect, but only if you walk off the edge of the top tile of the Mall Roof.
- An unused background appears in Neon World (explained above).
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql-HvEwkPGI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JibL1VdmAug
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4tY9K7H8Lk