"Hell" is the name given to one of the largest areas in the game, also known as 'The Red Maze'.
It is one of the most significant deeper locations in the dream world. Many routes from The Nexus will eventually lead here, allowing for many connections between remote areas. There are even some locations that are only reachable by finding its one entrance through this maze.
Entry to Hell is almost always achieved by locating one of the strange geometric NPCs that can be found in various 'dead end' passages deep inside certain original locations. Some Toriningen may also send Madotsuki into isolated spots between pathways here.
The navigational difficulties created by the intricacy of the maze are compounded by a number of lunatic Toriningen wandering the narrow passages. Many of the paths appear similar in shape to those elsewhere in the maze, which can be disorienting - even with the benefit of a map.
A similar area, known as 'Mini Hell' can be found in The Bed Room of the Number World. It is discovered by stabbing the nearby Toriningen with the knife effect, then entering the third closet from the left. It is much smaller than the 'main floor' of Hell, but instead of being a maze, it is a simple crossroads with Madotsuki's Ghost standing at the center of it. This is perceived to be highly symbolic to theorists.
- In a previous version of Yume Nikki, something resembling a funhouse mirror could be found in the center of the maze where the large creature is now. This item gave Madotsuki the Fat effect. It has since been removed, and the Fat effect is now found in The Docks.
- While Hell is not technically the largest area in the game, its maze-like structure makes it slower to explore than any other place.
- The Checkered Tile Path - Interact with the NPC
- Footprint Path 2 - Interact with the NPC
- Face Carpet Plaza - Interact with the NPC
- Neon Tile Path 2 - Interact with the NPC
- The Bed Room
- Mini Hell - Stab the Toriningen, then enter the third closet from the left